If you were injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, there are two important things you should do to protect your car accident claim: preserve evidence and consult with an experienced car accident lawyer. At Russell Accident Law, we want to help you regardless of whether you become a client. That’s why we’re offering the following tips.
Preserve Evidence To Protect Your Car Accident Claim
There are several ways to preserve evidence after a car accident. If possible, you or someone you trust should do the following:
- Most importantly, collect information from other people involved in the accident. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance information.
- It’s also helpful to document the names and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Take photos of the car accident scene. Include pictures of the vehicles involved and try to capture the type of accident (ex. rear-end collision, head-on collision, T-bone, rollover, motorcycle, bicycle…).
- Call the authorities if appropriate (police or 911 for emergency medical assistance).
- Get pictures of any injuries that are evident at the scene of the accident.
- If there is surveillance footage from the area, act quickly to request it.
- It may be helpful to have pictures of your injuries as they are healing.
Get Help From A Newfoundland Car Accident Lawyer
One of the common questions we get is, when should I hire a car accident lawyer? There are advantages to hiring someone as soon as reasonably possible. Namely, you will avoid the stress of trying to manage everything on your own. Also, your lawyer may be able to get you access to resources that help you recover sooner.
Keep in mind that there is a statute of limitations. This is the cut-off date for filing a claim. Usually, you have to file a claim within two years of your car accident, but there are always exceptions and there may be circumstances that change the statute of limitations in your particular situation.
At Russell Accident Law, our mission is to get personal injury clients fair treatment from insurance companies while delivering first-rate client care. We do this by building relationships and strong cases. In the end, clients feel we have taken care of them and they’re able to move on with their lives. Contact us to schedule a free car accident consultation today so we can help protect your car accident claim. Call (709) 579-4000 or email Info@RussellAccidentLaw.com.